Pages

Monday, June 8, 2009

XM Comedy Radio is is full of hacks

I was listening to XM in my rental car (more on that in another post). There are a couple comedy stations that will play a track from various comedy CDs. However, it's just full of hacks. (Then again, they are trying to fill 24 hours with 2 minute long CD tracks.)

I heard comics that obviously were trying to be Jeff Foxworthy, Jerry Seinfeld (this one even said "did you ever notice..." and "are you familiar with this?"), and Dane Cook. That wouldn't be so bad if they didn't also throw in Jeff Foxworthy, Jerry Seinfeld, and Dane Cook.

They also played the very beginning of one of Dane Cook's shows where he makes a joke about saying he'll call the audience after he leaves, but he won't call and he'll just be with a younger, sexier audience. But that joke isn't hilarious until the very end of the CD when he says "I'll call you guys later." So it doesn't work on XM.

They should be playing entire shows I think. That would make it much more bearable.

On a related note, I can't believe people pay for XM. It sucks just as much as free radio.

No comments:

Post a Comment