Pages

Friday, July 17, 2009

Another Stupid Non Sequitur



Non Sequitur did it again. ...So in previous strips this week, for whatever reason they decided to go to "Mars 3.5" which is "the twin planet to Earth." So the premise is stupid enough.

So anyway, my problem is that he activates the homing signal on his GPS.

What?

GPSs don't have "homing signals." I wouldn't have a problem with this one if he just said "I'm activating the homing signal," and was done with it. Why did he have to mention the GPS? This comic fails.

Yes, I realize that he's in a spaceship and there are dinosaurs/giant birds and the whole premise of this series of strip gives me a headache, but come on.

So I think I figured out why Non Sequitur tries to sound smart. Wiley Miller, the cartoonist, studied art, then worked for several educational film studios prior to becoming a cartoonist. He just thinks he's smart because he worked on educational films. It seems to me he just tries to throw in smart-sounding words every so often and it just doesn't work.

Related: What I Learned Today: Gravity Freezes Things?

No comments:

Post a Comment