Pages

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Opeth Anthology


On Wednesday, I saw Opeth at Terminal 5 in New York City on their 20th anniversary minitour. It was the 15th time I've seen them.

Their set:
  1. Leper Affinity
  2. Bleak
  3. Harvest
  4. The Drapery Falls
  5. Dirge For November
  6. Funeral Portait
  7. Patterns in the Ivy
  8. Blackwater Park
  9. Forest of October
  10. Advent
  11. April Ethereal
  12. The Moor
  13. Wreath
  14. Hope Leaves
  15. Harlequin Forest
  16. The Lotus Eater
It was quite possibly the best show I've ever been to; it's at least tied with the Blind Guardian/Symphony X show at Jaxx years ago. There was no opening act at all. The sound was fantastic. I was pretty close to the rail, so I had a great view. The set was almost perfect. I would've preferred more songs I hadn't heard live before. All of Mikael's stage banter between songs, which is always fantastic, was about the history of Opeth. There were almost no idiots shouting out stupid things at bad times. There were crowd surfers, but they weren't anywhere near me.

Since Wednesday, I've listened to every single Opeth song.

More great pictures here.

One of the highlights for me was "Dirge For November." I didn't film this, but I think I can see my head occaisionally in the bottom left of the screen..

No comments:

Post a Comment