Pages

Monday, May 24, 2010

Adventure in Maine

...if you can call them adventures.

I had a day to waste in Maine recently, so for no reason I drove from the Portland area to Ellsworth.

At some point, I passed through Lisbon, the site of the annual Moxie Festival! The festival hasn't happened yet this year but these people apparently love their Moxie all year:
Eventually I went over this bridge:
...and passed through Bucksport, the city where RVG:TZM played a show on the Dead Will Tour the Earth 2004 tour. It doesn't appear to have changed much.

Eventually I got to my destination: Jordan's Snack Bar in Ellsworth.
I got the fried clams. They were pretty damn good.

I know it sounds like I'm leaving a lot of stuff out, but this is all you're missing:

That night, I went candlepin bowling back in Lisbon:
Candlepin bowling is a lot trickier than 10-pin or even duckpin since the pins are so narrow. I bowled a measly 74.

So anyway, that is what counts as a day of adventure in Maine.

No comments:

Post a Comment