Pages

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Surviving Terrible Hotel TV

Hotel TV sucks. They usually have just a handful of channels, none of which are any good. In fact, even if they have good channels, when you're there, there won't be anything good on TV. It's a fact.

It seems they do this so you order a movie from the hotel for $14.99. By the time you realize the movie sucks, you feel like you have to watch it since it was so damned expensive.

So, how do I combat bad hotel TV? My iPod. I have a video cable. (Apple tries to charge for $50 for this thing, by the way.) Basically I can watch any video from my iPod (but not the iPhone for some reason) on the TV. The problem is figuring out how to change the TV source. It's usually very easy on flat screen TVs, but I'm not usually that lucky. On older TVs, sometimes they will have an AUX channel hiding somewhere in the higher numbers. Sometimes you have to Spiderman yourself around the TV to plug in the cables to the back. The TV I have on this trip has 4 such channels, two of which are FRONT and AUX. And none of them work! So, what do I do in that case? I dunno, write some blogs or something.

Either way, fuck hotel TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment