Pages

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Chutzpah fucking sucks

There's a shitty "New York" "deli" near Tysons Corner on Rt. 7 called Chutzpah. For whatever dumbass fucking reason, several people I work with like it. I fucking hate it. The dining room is too fucking cold and the service is fucking terrible. The food is merely okay. It's definitely not worth the price, service, or agony of going there.

Today I was tricked into going. Again. So here's what happened this time:
  1. First of all the place pretty much has no signs. It's back from Rt. 7 by about half a block. So I drove by it 3 times before we got there.
  2. The parking spaces are too fucking small. It's Northern VA. Everyone drives bigass fucking SUVs. It took a while to find a space that wasn't between two SUVs that parked over the lines.
  3. They had already seated the other 4 guys. When the 3 of us showed up, there were only two places set up at the table. So after I had to steal a chair from another table, I came and sat down. The waiter said "Can I get you anything?" I said, "How about a menu like everyone else?"
  4. The waiter took our drink orders after getting me the menu that should've been there. He took mine twice because he wasn't fucking listening.
  5. The menu says "ORDER BY NUMBER PLEASE." Only, there are no numbers. So I ordered a "number pastrami on rye."
  6. We ate the small bowl of coleslaw and pickles by the time we had ordered. I finished my Coke. I asked for a refill.
  7. 20 or so minutes pass with no sandwiches and no refills.
  8. My sandwich came out. The top slice of bread had BLOOD on it. No refill yet. I was slurping the melted ice when he brought it.
  9. I sent the sandwich back because it fucking had blood on it! Everyone else got refills except me, the person who originally asked for it. I asked again.
  10. When the waiter brought my sandwich back out he slipped and almost went face first into the table behind me. Let this be a lesson: don't bleed on my sandwich and you won't die.
  11. The new sandwich tasted fine, but not $7 fine. Maybe $4 fine.
  12. Still no refill.
  13. My stomach rumbled. I was apparently rejecting the food.
  14. The bathroom was in the main office building this shithole was in.
  15. When I returned to the table (which was a little while) everyone had paid except me of course and I still had no fucking refill.
FUCK. CHUTZPAH. I will never return.

No comments:

Post a Comment