Pages

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

The War Against -DVDLegacy-

--UPDATE 3--
It would appear that the shit is hitting the fan:




Feedback30 days90 days365 daysLifetime
Positive66%83%87%87%
Neutral4%4%3%4%
Negative29%13%9%9%
Count111093308973711224153

----------------
--UPDATE 2--
Amazon.com refunded my money. Huzzah.
----------------

--UPDATE 1--
Yeah, it's pretty easy to file a claim on Amazon. Did you know that if you receive an item after the estimated shipping date you can request a shipping credit? Pretty sweet. Anyway, I hope Amazon's hired goons are on their way now to beat a refund out of -dvdlegacy-.
----------------

Typically, when someone orders something, say from a seller on Amazon.com, you give them money and they ship you a product. Apparently this seller named -dvdlegacy- on Amazon.com is going about it a little differently. You give him the money.

That's it.

No product.

I ordered a DVD* Feb 22. It was supposed to arrive before March 16. Everything else I ordered that day has come. As of today I still have not received it. I emailed -dvdlegacy- and didn't get a response. So, I left some bad feedback. Then I noticed something interesting about the seller's feedback:





Feedback

30 days

90 days

365 days

Lifetime

Positive

70%

85%

88%

87%

Neutral

4%

4%

3%

4%

Negative

25%

12%

9%

9%

Count

10843

32555

72988

223385





In the past 30 days this person has been dicking over customers left and right. Here are some reviews similar to mine:



1 out of 5: "I still have not received my order a month later. I have cotacted the seller twice only to get a generic response both times"

1 out of 5: "I agree with all the other comments about DVD Legacy. I finally recieved my package 2 days after the delivery window expired and never got a reply back on the status of my delivery, of which I sent three. This company absolutely sucks and should be kicked off Amazon!!"

1 out of 5: "The last time I contact I got the run around. No use contacting them!"

1 out of 5: "I STILL HAVE NOT RECEIVED MY ORDER. I SENT AN E-MAIL AND HAVE NOT RECEIVED A RESPONSE!"

1 out of 5: "I had NO problem paying for this item, why is there a problem delivering it? There shouldn't have to be such a wait for such a small item. ARen;t you in business to deliver?? Why hang on to it?"

1 out of 5: "I have waited the entire 21 days for delivery and the CD still has not arrived. I tried several times to contact this seller and only received a reply after the fourth email. Terrible
service, I will never buy from this seller again!"


Oh, and by the way, I posted my feedback less than an hour ago and ALL of the feedback quoted above is posted after mine. (11 reviews since mine, with only 4 positive.)

Oh, it's on!

I never buy from anyone on Amazon.com who doesn't have at least a 98% rating, which is around where it was in late February. So, this guy's rapid plummeting in feedback (9% negative overall) has been almost entirely out of the last month.

Further, it does appear that some people are receiving their orders. So it's not like whoever works there is dead or anything.

My plan is to email them constantly until I get satisfaction (or a refund). I can't figure out how to file a complaint to Amazon so this moron can't do business. I tried contacting him through Amazon but I got this error:


We're sorry, but for security reasons we limit the number of e-mails sent between buyers and sellers per day. Please try another seller, or contact this seller again tomorrow. We apologize for the inconvenience.

So it would seem a lot of people are complaining to him, too. Luckily I have a slightly more direct email address (amazon@dvdlegacy.com), which I bet he's ignoring. Oh, yeah and there are all these email addresses, too!

The link to the seller's profile is here.

*I am ashamed to admit it is Metallica: A Year and a Half Parts 1 & 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment