Pages

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Idiot Driver

Gears? Driving? I guess?Complaining about the driving in the DC area in general isn't worth it because I'd probably develop an ulcer before I'm through writing about it. But, sometimes there is that one idiot that just grinds my gears, so to speak.

So, I'm driving into work this morning, as I have been known to do on occasion. I was in the lane second from the right, and my exit was coming up in a mile. Why wasn't I in the right lane? Because no one knows how to safely merge into that lane from the previous exit, plus there's always some idiot going 45mph in it instead of 90mph* like everyone else.

So I start looking to change lanes so I can easily get off at the next exit. If I were to miss the exit, it would take about 15 minutes to get to an exit where I can turn around and then come all the way back. So anyway there's no real room to change lanes because the guy next to me is pacing me for some reason and there's a car in from of me so I can't go in front of the guy next to me.

At this point, I'm a half mile from the exit. I put on my turn signal. The guy in front of me is out of the way, but the guy next to me is slightly ahead of me. I figure I could make it in front of him, but it wouldn't be easy, wise, nice, or safe, so I do the good deed and slow down so I can get behind his car then get off at my exit, which at this point is rapidly approaching.

Well, the silver Buick in the lane behind the guy next to me (with plenty of room in front of him, I might add), was having none of it. There was plenty of room in front of the Buick, but he saw my turn signal and decided to close in fast! Well, I was having none of that, so I went ahead and changed lanes. Well he was still having none of that so he flashed his high beams. I will have none of his high beams, so I gave him the finger as I got into the exit lane, slowing down so I made sure he can see it.

Giving the finger can be very satisfying sometimes. I hope to think I ruined his day and he's going to be all snippy the rest of the day, then his boss will fire him, then he'll have to sell his Buick... or live in it. Yes, live in it. He should have let me in. Asshole.

I really don't understand the Buick moron's mentality. "Oh, no, you're not occupying the space in front of me for all of 5 seconds! I see your turn signal and lack of options, but nuh-uh! I'll speed up so you can't come in! I'm a douchebag!"

*I keed, I keed!

No comments:

Post a Comment