Pages

Monday, March 9, 2009

The Simpsons in HD

Why do The Simpsons feel the need to give the finger to me when I've put up with them for so long?

Normal TV viewers don't deserve the entire picture.

A couple weeks ago, The Simpsons was officially in HD. And, they abandoned the original intro that they've been using for TWO DECADES. It's a little late to start reinventing now, guys.

So why do I feel cheated? The show is in HD (whoopty-fucking do). I don't have an HD TV. Normally this wouldn't be an issue if they were smart enough to broadcast it in letterbox. Instead, half the characters get cut off, often when they're speaking. During last Sunday's episode, several times, the character talking wasn't even on the screen, and a couple times, characters on the screen reached for something off the screen.

This, after I've stuck by them and watched them for 20 years. I even watched all the terrible seasons when they were trying as hard as possible to be Family Guy. (Like for instance that episode where Ralph was playing duck duck goose by himself in a room and it painfully went on for far too long.) I refused to stop watching. How do they reward me? By cutting off charaters. And it's really freakin' distracting.

Put the damn show on in letterbox.

I'll get an HDTV at some point, but until then watching The Simpsons in my living room is just going to irk me.

Update (6/6/09): I recently got an HDTV and now the Simpsons are fucking awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment